Fat Transfer (Lips, Nasolabial Folds, Chin, Cheeks)
Who is a good candidate?
- You have the desire to have fuller or more defined lips.
- You have minor creases between the base of the nose and the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds).
- You have facial asymmetry.
- You have a desire for more prominent cheek contour.
Description of the Procedure
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under sedationand local or general anesthesia.
- Fat is harvested through liposuction, and then re-injected into the desired area.
Recovery time is approximately one week, however the patient will be swollen in the affected area for up to 30 days.
The results vary from patient to patient.
Depending upon the patient, this procedure may have to be repeated in order to achieve the desired outcome.
For more information on this procedure visit the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at AAFPRS.org.