Who is a good candidate?
- You have a small or receding chin.
- The receding chin creates the appearance of fullness under the chin and in the neck.
- You have a chin that looks too small in comparison with other facial features.
Description of the Procedure
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under sedation and local or general anesthesia.
- An incision is made inside the lower lip or under the chin, and an implant is placed.
Recovery time is approximately one week and the results are permanent.
For more information on this procedure visit the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at AAFPRS.org.