Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
Who is a good candidate?
- You have an abnormal appearance of the nose as a result of a birth defect, injury or disease.
- You feel that your nose is cosmetically unattractive and does not fit well with your other facial features.
Description of the Procedure
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- In most cases, an incision is made across the columnella (strut between the nostrils).
- The bones, cartilage and soft tissue are reshaped.
- Large nostrils may be reduced through tiny incisions at the outer base of the nostrils.
Recovery time is approximately one week and the results are permanent.
For more information on this procedure visit the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery web site at AAFPRS.org.